This step-by-step shows how I created the above card, it features the Tonic Studios Woodland Buildable – Harry Hedgehog Die set. The new buildable dies are gorgeous as you can make all sorts of little characters from them, and mix and match accessories from each, my hedgehog could have had glasses from the owl die set, or the balloon from the Betty Bunny Die set.
1. Firstly I used the Ribbon and Bow Layering die set to cut out white Craft Perfect card. Then I used one of the corresponding dies in the set to create the layer without the pattern, this should fit nicely behind the white card.
2. I then scored a line down the centre of both pieces of card
I used funky glue to stick one to another, but I find its best to do this after scoring as it makes the top a bit neater, doing it after sticking the card together can cause problems at the fold point.
Here you can see it from the inside.
3. I repeated the previous step using one of the smaller layers in the set to create a further layer to the front of the card using the same white and pink Craft Perfect card.
4. I then prepared my lovely little hedgehog by cutting out the elements using different colour card stocks. I find using scraps from my previous makes works perfectly here, nothing goes to waste! so I used a Craft Perfect card in various colours – cream for the body and face, a black for the eyes, a light peach for the snout and ears, dark pink for the nose, kraft card paws and of course a fabulous warm brown for the spines. Once they had all been cut I was ready to put little miss hedgehog together! for this I used sticky pads to add a 3D look.
I then used sticky pads to attach her to the front of the card.
5. I used the Birthday Banner Die set to create the main sentiment on the front of the card using the same colour card as the main card base. I used foam pads to attach this to the front of the card.
6. As the birthday card is for a little girl I thought it very apt to give Miss Hedgehog a lovely pink Nuvo necklace using the Crystal Drops in Carnation Pink.
7. I then created a cute little bow using a pretty polkadot pink ribbon, you could use the bow form the Woodland Buildable – Frankie Fox Die set if you’d like a card ribbon, but I liked the idea of using a shiny ribbon.
And there we have it! – a beautiful little birthday card!
If you liked this post, please click follow…